Sunday, 1 December 2013

Tour taiwan: to Hualien

Well Kenny has had his wish.  We decided to take the train from Taitung to Hulaien.  I booked an extra two nights accomodation at the Gallerie 6 B&B and booked a train at 2 PM. 

The train trip up the eastern Rift Valley was superb. I really regret not riding this. But reality hurts sometimes.  The 2 1/2 hour train ride was extremely relaxing and it pretty much followed the roads we would have ridden. 

Here's some photos

Kenny and his beloved TRA lunch box.  






Views from my room in Hualien





For dinner we went to  a local Jaanese restaurant.  Kenny had purchased a translation application from  ITunes  and it helped a little as the menu was all in Chinese.  Two women at the next tAble also helped us order.  Once again I have to say how nice and helpful the Taiwanese people are. In almost every situation where I have been stuck, someone notices and steps in to help.  It just makes me love this place even more.  

Kenny's application called Waygo was not perfect. It translated lemon iced tea to, and I kid you not, 'five women diced'. He took a screen shot of that so I will get him to send it to me and I will post it. From no on Lemon Iced tea is Five Women Diced.  Here it is



After dinner we realised we were within a few hundred metres of the night markets. Along the way we found the Doris Bike shop.  I hope you like it Doris. 


So we wandered around the markets. I bought some watermelon juice.  Delicious. Then it was back to the B&B for sleep.  


No comments:

Post a Comment