I spoke to Peter and he suggested I see a doctor. A good idea but I thought I would try and do that in a town like Taitung where there is more chance that I can deal with an English speaking doctor. Peter was not sure the doctor in Manzhou had good English. I don't want to end up on a penicillin based antibiotic - I am allergic to penicillin.
So I thought if we could get to Dawu I could reassess the situation. We had booked accomodation so at least I could rest for the day and if improved we could continue the next day. If not then we could catch a train to Taitung and see a doctor or catch a train back to Taipei. I asked if there was a bus to Dawu. No buses. He said he would take me but his wife's van was broken down and all he had was a small car the twobikes could not fit into. So I asked about a taxi and he rang up and organised one for us. We out our bikes into the bike bags and just as we finished that the taxi arrived.
The drive over was spectacular. I would really have locked to have ridden it especially the 20 kms drop from the top of the last climb. Of course the strong winds would have made it a tricky descent. But on a nice clam and sunny day it would have been a great day on a bike.
An hour and 15 minutes later we arrived in Dawu. Really early at 10.30 am. But we were able to check into our room. We are watching national geographic channel on TV and lying around. So no riding today. Maybe and hopefully tomorrow. The best laid plans of mice and men.
Here's some pictures of the night markets in Kaohsiung.
Smelly tofu






No comments:
Post a Comment